21 Nov What is the visual coherence and as unifying it in Internet
Why I recommend to you to work your visual coherence and to unify the image of your business in Internet?
Some ago days, a friend spoke to me on Facebook on a specialist Ads who does some courses that could interest to me. I pass its profile of Facebook and its webpage to me. As any professional who wishes to improve his business, I was interested for that reason. So I visited its profile and its webpage to make a little investigation on this person and to know that it can offer to me.
It surprised to me because the image that it transmitted to me was not good. When seeing its page, its profile of Facebook and other networks, hit to me that it did not have a unified image name brand in his contents. So I lost interest in her and I did not get nor to subscribe in its page. Although it offers as Lead Magnet, a mini course online that seems useful practitioner very and so I need at the moment in my business.
To the few days, my deluded friend called asking to me to me if she had begun with the course of this girl. That dryly I answered: No! She was strange to him much, since she had advised it to me because she knew that she was going to help to me with the strategy that I want to apply in this social network. When I explained the reasons to him for which she had not subscribed to me; among them, whom the image had disappointed me that communicated. It told me laughing itself: That you are and your obsession with the design. But you like something and she does not enter you by the eyes you do not stop yourself to see the content with more detail. Please do to leave of side the aesthetic prejudices to me and centers to you in which I tell you, that it is going to you to come very well.
I made case, leaves of side my aesthetic prejudices him and I subscribed to this Web. When I received the video and the exercises of the first module, it impressed the quality to me of the content as well as the practitioner that is for my company.
Why I tell all this roll you? You will tell me
Because I want that DES tells you how it influences the image that you communicate in the actions of the user. If my friend had not insisted me as much, she would not have bothered to me in visiting this page again and much less, it would have been happened to me to subscribe to me. Because the image that passed on to me of first hour to not showed the good professional me who is as well as the benefits that business contributes to its services.
Your visual coherence speech by you: Not only you must be good in your work but also you must seem it
For that, you must think as a great company and develop a unified corporative identity that transmits the values of your business. In addition, to tell to a history with your texts and images that move the user.
In Internet, numerous supplies within reach of all exist. Your business must seduce in a matter of seconds with the image that communicates so that the user feels motivated and with desires of knowing more on your project.
Yes the appearance that it give to the outside is vulgar, your business will not emphasize of the competition. Although you are offering a quality content and you are a great professional.
That is what it happened to me in the example that I have put previously. This professional did not obtain with the image that communicate to reveal its potential to me, as well as the benefits that could offer to me with their contents. If he does not get to be by the insistence of my friend, he would not have returned to his page nor would have subscribed to me to his Newsletter. Here you have a consequence that brings to create a visual coherence in your image name brand.
What is the visual coherence and where it is defined?
Without entering technical words, so that you understand to me well. The visual coherence is a series of norms that allow you to create a unified graphical style in the contents of your brand.
These norms are defined in the manual of corporative identity. It is the place where dise±ador/a that realises your brand, will create a guide of style for the image of your business; as logo uses your, symbol of your brand, which are the corporative colors and the font that represents your business, among others elements.
To only have a logo for your business, without being accompanied of a manual that defines these norms does not serve don't mention it. Since when developing the corporative manual of identity of a business, the professional who develops it considers the characteristics of your business, the niche of market to which it belongs, the client to whom you go, etc. In order to be able to create a message that communicates the values of your company and speaks directly with your public.
Which are the consequences of not having a visual coherence and an image unified in Internet?
- You believe in the mind of the user an image that harms to your brand.
- The public cannot recognize your products and/or contents of the others.
- You do not transmit your professionalism nor the benefits that offer your products and/or service.
- You do not emphasize as referring in the market.
- You lose visibility in Internet.
- You become one more between the competition.
- When losing visibility, you do not obtain subscribers for your blog and less still clients than buy your products, therefore, you will lose sales.
- You do not communicate suitably with your ideal client.
When you do not transmit a professional and unified image you confuse the user. Your brand between the competition, so that it feels attracted by your business and it chooses to you and not to another brand, at the time of making a purchase is necessary to facilitate to the public recognizing.
How you can begin to work your visual coherence and to unify your image name brand in Internet?
Yes you do not have a logo that is your starting point to develop an image unified in your business. Or this logo does not have a manual of corporative identity where to be able to consult the norms of style of your brand, it follows these steps that will help you:
- Use of the logo: If you have an image that represents the name of your business, it uses always this logo following the same norms: the same colors, font, etc. If it is accompanied by a graphical symbol, place this image in the same place. You do not change it of position of random form according to likes more. It tries to create some norms with respect to the use of your logo.
- Trowel of color: I recommend you that selections at the most two colors that represent your business. It begins to use them in all publications from your webpage, the profile of your social networks, the pdf that deliveries to your subscribers, etc.
Yes you have logo, fix you to the colors that form it and choose there of your chromatic trowel to create your contents. Yes these colors have a good resistance far better since it will facilitate the reading of texts and visibility of the elements of your publication.
- Fonts: He chooses some 2 or 3 typographies for your contents. The USA one for the holders, others for the text body and yes you want, a different one for outstanding texts. But not more.
personally, I like more to only select a typesetter family who is very complete, to be able to play with the sizes and styles. Creating therefore the difference he enters titular, texts of introduction and the body of reading. If that, I use a different letter for outstanding texts.
- Iconographic style: Usually they are used icons and other contents on the Web, to accompany some texts and to do them more pleasant. If you use these elements, it chooses a design style that represents your brand.
I have run into with pages with simple icons, of single-wire lines in its page of home. And that in their page of services used an iconography with a totally different style, of heavy contours that they do not have anything to do with the previous ones.
- Photographies: The photographic images that you use for your page must also follow the same style. He is not recommendable that the majority of the photos is in black and white, and now you put one to color because if.
In design the elements that are used must follow some norms to fulfill some objectives, in addition to creating a visual coherence that allows the user to recognize your brand in all contents. So it follows these norms in your webpage, in your blog, profile of your networks, etc. to communicate to the outside how it is your business and that benefits offers. I show an example to you with my Web and two of my social networks:
Now it is called on to you to share your experience, follow your does image a visual coherence in its publications?
Freelance graphical designer from 2012. I am specialized in Corporative Identity for enterprising women who have been some years in the market Online and wish to improve the image that they transmit to position itself as referring in his sector.